Can't wait to be in a beautiful place, celebrating this beautiful occasion with you two!
Beautiful album. Thanks for being who you are and so wonderful.
Zola is a comprehensive website with all of our registries, including a group cash fund for our honeymoon.
If you prefer to buy a gift in the store, we are registered at Bed Bath & Beyond and West Elm.
Kelly has been Taylor's best friend since the 4th grade. They lived together in the dorms and in their sorority house at OU. Kelly lives in Chicago with her husband, Jeremy, and their two lovely daughters, Lana and Lily.
Kyle has been Dane's best friend for the past 10 years. They lived together during college and both graduated from OU's business college. Kyle lives in Dallas with his wife, Lindsay (a bridesmaid).
We are hosting a back-at-home reception March 11, 2017 at the Myriad Botanical Gardens in OKC to celebrate our recent nuptials! There will be food, drinks and dancing inside the Crystal Bridge!
Dana and Danny both grew up in Lindsay, OK but didn't date until college. Both OU graduates, they reside in Norman, OK. They've been married for nearly 40 years and are enjoying retired life with their two Yorkies, Bob and Violet.
Jordan is Taylor's older brother. He is an OU alum and serves in the U.S. Air Force. Leigh is a UCO grad and met Jordan at a friend's wedding during college. Leigh and Jordan married at Disney World in June 2009. They currently live in Omaha, NE with their beautiful daughter, Tessa, and their honorary first born, Mick (a mini Australian Shepherd).
Kara currently resides in Merritt Island, Florida and has lived in the central Florida region for most of her life. She is a successful real estate agent at Tropical Realty and has been involved in the industry for over 15 years. Kara enjoys travel, live music and spending time with her first grandson, Tristan.
Brent and Michelle live just a few miles south of Norman in Washington, OK. Brent has spent most of his career in the technology industry while Michelle worked in healthcare. Brent and Michelle are most passionate about their involvement in their local church, Straightway Bible Church, where Brent serves as the pastor. They also enjoy spending time with their (8!) children.
1. Jordan (Dane's younger sister) is the second oldest of the siblings and lives in Merritt Island, Florida with her son, Tristan. She is currently pursuing a bachelor's degree in petroleum engineering.
2. Christian (Dane's younger brother) spent time with his family in Florida for a few years after graduating from Washington High School, then returned to Oklahoma in 2015 to pursue a position at B&H Construction. He recently transitioned to working in the southwest region of the U.S. to educate the public on, and garner support for, a wide range of political issues.
3. Garrett is the son of Michelle and Dane's only step sibling. Garrett resides in Washington, OK and has a passion for technology.
4. Hannah is Dane's adopted sister from Ethiopia. She is currently a sophomore at Washington high school where she excels in many sports and also academically.
5. Anna is Dane's half sister and currently lives with his mother in Merritt Island, Florida. She is 15 years old and loves spending time with her friends.
6. Abby is Dane's adopted sister from Guatemala. She goes to Washington Elementary School where she is highly active in sports.
7. Landis is adopted Guatemalan number two and is a year younger than Abby. He attends Washington Elementary and is also involved in several sports.
8. Kaleb (KK) is the youngest member of sibilings at two and a half years old and was adopted as an infant from the Marshall Islands (halfway bewteen Hawaii and Australia). Kaleb loves bouncing his Thunder basketball arond the house and playing with his siblings.
Dane proposed on New Year’s Day 2016 in Los Angeles. He had to call a lot of audibles that day and well into the night, and our friends did an amazing job of keeping the secret during the entire trip!
He initially planned to propose right after OU beat Clemson in the playoffs. So, yeah...we all know how that panned out. :( He thought about proposing right at midnight during NYE, but the location just wasn't right. Thanks to some quick thinking by Lindsay Wright, we ended up at the L.A. Light Museum around 2:30am and that is where Dane proposed, and Taylor said yes!
Dane had one last surprise. We spent our first night of engagement at L'Ermitage, a five-star hotel in Beverly Hills, where there was a bottle of champagne and chocolates waiting for us (thanks, Lindsay and Kyle!).
By the time we all gathered together for brunch the next morning, we had basically laid out our plans for the wedding and selected our wedding party. We've enjoyed every second of our engagement and are having a blast planning the wedding!
We met for the first time in October 2010. It was a brief encounter – Dane was a business student at Price College who had received a scholarship and had to turn his thank-you letter in to Taylor, who was in the first year of her full-time career as the alumni relations coordinator. About a year later, Dane was hired as a development officer for Price and shared an office suite with Taylor.
For several years, we were merely co-workers and friends, and were each in a long-term relationship with someone else. Fast-forward to 2014, and we both find ourselves single. With the help of some liquid courage after a long night at the Mont, we both eventually confessed we had always had a crush on the other (we literally had no idea how the other one felt for years…years!). Our first date was May 26, 2014.
Dane was born in central Florida and lived there for much of his childhood until moving to Tulsa, Oklahoma for high school. He found his way to Norman for college where he double majored in Entrepreneurship & Venture Management and Supply Chain Management at OU's Price College of Business.
Shortly after graduating in 2011, Dane became a development officer at Price where he met Taylor. He recently moved into a new fundraising role on campus and is now the Director of Development at OU's Mewbourne College of Earth and Energy.
Dane enjoys attending sporting events with Taylor and her family and also loves domestic and international travel.
Taylor was born and raised in Norman, OK. Sooner born and bred, she graduated from OU with an advertising degree in 2009 and currently works at OU's Price College of Business as the director of communication & events.
She enjoys going to OU and Thunder games with her family, and spending quality time with Dane and their fur babies, Spike and Stella.